Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, April 16, 2012

Luby's Cafeteria Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

2 cups dry shells  (8 oz.)
2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/4 cups boiling water
3 cups American Cheese and Cheddar mixed together, shredded (12 oz.)

Directions

1 Cook macaroni according to package directions
2  Heat oven to 350ºF.
3  In a large bowl, mix dry milk, flour, and butter.
4  Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly.
5  Add 1 1/2 of the cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
6  Stir in macaroni, 1 cup of the remaining cheese, and salt.
7  Transfer to lightly greased 2-qt baking dish.
8  Cover with foil.
9  Bake 25 minutes.
10  Remove foil.
11  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
12  Continue baking 1 minute or until cheese melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment