Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Thursday, June 28, 2012

Italian Turkey Sandwhiches

Ingredients

1 bone-in turkey breast (5.5 lbs), skin removed
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup chili sauce
3 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. dried oregano or Italian seasoning
4 tsp. beef bouillion graunules
11 Kaiser or hard rolls, split

Directions

Cut turkey breast in half along the bone.  Place the turkey breast, green pepper and onion in a 5 qt. slow cooker coasted iwht nonstick cooking spray.  Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillion; pour over turkey and vegetables.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until juices run clear and vegetables are tender.  Remove turkey, reserving cooking liquid.  Shred the turkey with two forks; return to cooking juices.  Spoon 1/2 onto each roll.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 sandwhich) equals:
364 calories
4 g fat
102 mg cholestrol
576 mg sodium ( I used sodium free beef bouillion)
1 g fiber
46 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment