Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, October 10, 2011

Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers

Ingredients

5 medium green peppers
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1-1/4 lbs. extra-lean ground turkey
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pkg (8 ounces) shredded cheese ( I like colby jack)
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
paprika

Directions

1.  Cut peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds.  In a large pot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.  Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
2.  In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.  Add turkey, cumin, Italian seasining, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
3.  Transfer to a large bowl; stire in the cheese, tomatoes and bread crumbs.  Spoon into pepper halves.  Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with paprika.
4.  Bake, uncovered at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and peppers are tender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment