Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Sunday, November 6, 2011

Indian Chicken Korma Recipe

I of course left out the almonds but did add almond extract about 1/4 tsp. 

Ingredients:
• 4 Boneless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
• 1 Large Onion (chopped)
• 2 tsp Tomato puree 
• 1 tsp Ground Coriander
• 200 ml Whipping Cream
• Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger 
• 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
• 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
• 50 gms Flaked Almonds (roasted)
• 1-1/2 tsp Ground Cumin 
• 75 gms Ground Almonds
• 1/4 tsp Ground allspice
• 1/4 tsp. ground cloves 
• 1 tsp Mild Chilli Pepper
• 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
• 250 ml Chicken Stock


Instructions:

• Fry the onion, cloves and cardamom in a frying pan until the onion begins to soften.
• Mix the garlic, chicken and ginger; stir-fry for 4 minutes, then add all the remaining spices.
• Stir, allowing them to permeate their flavor into the chicken.
• Add the ground almonds, tomato puree, stock and cream and cook until reduced to the consistency of thick cream.
• Then layer over the roasted almonds and serve with naan bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment