Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Thursday, March 29, 2012

Skillet Meatballs and Noodles in Creamy Herb Sauce

Ingredients
  • 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
  • 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs, crumbled
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, chopped fine
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 8 ounces egg noodles
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
Instructions
  • 1. Combine beef, 5 tablespoons Boursin cheese, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl and knead gently until combined. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook meatballs until well browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer meatballs to plate and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
  • 2. Cook onion in reserved fat until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in flour and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add broth, noodles, and wine and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring often, until pasta begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add meatballs and simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through and noodles are al dente, about 4 minutes. Off heat, stir in remaining Boursin and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment