Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cilantro Chicken & Rice Casserole


Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
  • 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 tablespoon diced jalapeños
  • Salt


Preparation
    1. PREHEAT oven to 350–F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
    2. COMBINE rice, cheese, chicken, evaporated milk, onion, eggs, cilantro, butter and jalapeños in prepared casserole; stir well.
    3. BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Season with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment