Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients

    TPW_6224
  • 12 whole Corn Tortillas
  • Canola Oil, For Frying
  • Cooked shredded chicken
  • 1 can (20 Ounce) Enchilada Sauce
  • 2 cups Sour Cream
  • 3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
  • 1 cup Sliced/chopped Green Onions
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

    Preparation Instructions

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    Mix together chicken, sour cream, green onions 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
    Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Heat enchilada sauce in a separate skillet or saucepan.
    Using tongs, fry tortillas one at a time, for only about five to ten seconds per side (don't allow to crisp.) Remove from oil, then dunk tortilla in enchilada sauce. Lay tortilla on a plate, then spoon a good two or three tablespoons of the sour cream mixture in the middle. Roll tortilla, then place face down in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture.
    (If there's any sour cream mixture left over, use it as a dip for tortilla chips!)
    Cover the dish with the remaining cheese, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly.
    Serve immediately. Place a dollop of sour cream on each serving, then sprinkle on sliced green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment