Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, May 16, 2011

Sesame Beef Stir-Fry

Beef Marinating...


Ingredients

  • 1 pound round steak
  • 8 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 4 tablespoons white sugar
  • 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons sesame oil

Viola....finished product

Fried Rice
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
  • Drained sauce mixture from meat
  • 2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
Directions
  1. Mix sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, and onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
  2. Cut steak into strips and add to bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 30 minutes.
  3. Cook in wok or frying pan until brown (I added a little cornstarch to mine), about 5 minutes.  Cover and remove from pan.
  4. Add eggs; cook until set, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
  5. Add broth, vegetables and soy sauce to pan; bring to boil. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
  6. Stir in cooked eggs & meat. Serve immediately.

1 comment: