Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, June 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Coffee Gelato

Ingredients

2 cups milk, divided
2  Tbsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 instant coffee granules
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate finely chopped, divided

Directions

1.  In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of milk with cornstarch until smooth.  Set aside.
2.  In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together remaining milk, sugar and cocoa powder.  Bring to a simmer, stirring often.  Whisk in coffee granules.  Whisk the cornstarch mixture to recombine.  Gradually whisk into sugar mixture.  Return to a boil, stirring often.  Strain into a clean large bowl (with a lid).  Let cool to room temperature.
3.  A film will form over the top, that is normal (it happened to mine at least and it came out fine in the end)  Stir in vanilla and half of the chocolate.  Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or overnight.
4.  Stir milk mixture.  Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.  Add remaining chocolate during last 5 minutes of freezing and let the machine stir it in.
5.  Freeze for a few hours and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Your recipe is nice but I prefer strong coffee. How to make this more strong??

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would just add a darker roast coffee or 3 Tbsp. of instant coffee instead of 1 1/2 tbsp.

      Delete