Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, May 16, 2011

Open-Faced Chicken Bruschetta on Garlic Bread

This is a favorite of ours.  I love using the HEB fresh chopped mix, adds more flavor to me. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3-4 Chicken Breasts, finely chopped
  • 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/2 cup dried basil, chopped
  • 1/2-1 cup HEB fresh veggie creole mix (green onions, bell peppers, onions, garlic, pepper)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 loaf regular crusty Italian bread, sliced
  • Crumbled feta cheese
  • Basil for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

  1. In a medium bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, basil, green onion mix, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinaigrette and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to blend for about 15 minutes.
  2. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with garlic. Brush olive oil-garlic mixture on both sides of bread. On a baking sheet, toast bread in the oven, about 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
  3. To serve, spread chicken mixture over toasted garlic bread. Top with feta cheese and basil.
Amount Per Serving  Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 52mg

No comments:

Post a Comment