Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Italian Baked Chicken & Roasted Pepper Salad

This is a scrumptious low-fat dish that was so easy to make.  I actually used HEB frozen reduced sodium pre-seasoned chicken breasts and regular breadcrumbs.

Chicken Ingredients

3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions

1.  In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salad dressing and garlic; add the chicken.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 
2.  Meanwhile, in a small shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper.  Drain and discard marinade.  Roll chicken in crumb mixture.  Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.


Roasted Pepper Salad Ingredients

2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp. balsamic salad dressing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 large sweet yellow peppers, halved and seeded
basil to taste (around 1 tsp)
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

1.  In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, dressing, salt and pepper.  Spoon 1/3 cup into each pepper half.
2.  Transfer to a 13in x 9in baking dish coated with cooking spray.  COVER and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment