Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Skillet Cilantro Butter Tilapia Fillets

Ingredients

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (Cayenne) 
  • 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 lemon, quartered
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions 

  1. Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of fish. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish on a serving platter; squeeze lemon quarters over fish.
  2. Place butter and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Serve with fish.
Yield: 4 servings

Nutritional Information

Serving size: 1 fillet and about 2 teaspoons cilantro butter)
  • Calories: 194
  • Calories from fat: 32%
  • Fat: 6.9g
  • Saturated fat: 3.1g
  • Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
  • Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
  • Protein: 30.5g
  • Carbohydrate: 1.2g
  • Fiber: 0.2g
  • Cholesterol: 88mg
  • Iron: 0.7mg
  • Sodium: 354mg
  • Calcium: 32mg

      No comments:

      Post a Comment