Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, June 27, 2011

Watermelon Salsa

Amazing salsa!  Very refreshing.....just make sure to remove the seeds before mixing with everything.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups finely chopped watermelon (do not puree)
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
  • 1 cup sweet onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco, or to taste

Directions
  1. Stir the watermelon, pineapple, and onion together with the cilantro, orange juice, and hot sauce in a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I have all the ingredients, so maybe I'll be making this in the next day or so. What did you serve with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made it to try and find some uses for the extra watermelon we had, I think it would be great with chicken enchiladas though!

    ReplyDelete