Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Soft Tacos

Amazing chicken tacos!

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons cumin
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded thin (about 4 large breasts)
  • 16 taco-size soft flour tortillas
Preparation
  • 1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Stir in oil; mixture will be moistened but crumbly.
  • 2. Generously rub chicken on all sides with chili mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate (or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day).
  • 3. Preheat gas grill to medium, or preheat broiler to high and set rack 6 to 8 inches from source of heat. Grill or broil chicken until firm, about 5 minutes per side. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into thin strips.
  • 4. Serve chicken with tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment