Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chicken Caesar Pitas

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps156279_THHC2377560B02_27_8b.jpgIngredients

3/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. dried mint
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups torn romaine
1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
1/2 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
8 whole wheat pita pocket halves

Directions

1.  In a spice grinder or with mortar and pestle, combine the first five ingredients; grind until mixture becomes fine.  Rub over chicken.  Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
2.  Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170.  When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2 in. strips, refrigerate until chilled.
3.  In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lettuce and rice.  Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat.  Serve in pitas.  I prefer to have mine heated up though.

Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals:
398 calories
10g fat
65mg cholesterol
919mg sodium
44g carbohydrates
5g fiber
31g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment