Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Monday, July 23, 2012

Crispy Baked Chicken

Ingredients

2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp. season salt
4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
4 chicken thighs, skin removed
3/4 cup egg substitute

Directions

Drizzle butter in a 9x13 inch pan.  In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and season salt.  Dip the chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture.  Dip again in egg substitute and roll in cornflake mixture.
Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down.  Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 20 minutes.  Turn chicken over, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 180.

Nutrition Facts:  1 serving (1 drumstick and 1 thigh)
237 calories
10 g fat
71 mg cholesterol
720 mg sodium
15 g carbohydrate
21 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment