Getting started....

Ok, let's see how well this goes. I told myself I would never get into blogging or tweeting!



Since graduating college I have started to enjoy cooking A LOT! I love finding new recipes to try. So as I find and try new recipes I will post on here for you guys to try and let you know which ones I would not recommend! Most of my recipes come from online websites with a little tweaking of my own.



**NEW FEATURE** At the bottom of each recipe there is a place where you can rate the recipe! Let me know if you just liked it, loved it or thought it was just ok. No hard feelings! Promise :-)





Enjoy!



Thursday, July 26, 2012

Turkey Fajitas

Ingredients

1 lb. boneless turkey tenderloins, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 each med green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 med onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
8 flour tortillas, warmed

Directions

In a large nonstick skillet, saute turkey in oil for 2 minutes.  Add the peppers, onion, garlic, salt cumin, pepper and cayenne.  Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and peppers are crisp-tender.  Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute longer.   Serve in tortillas.

Nutrition Facts:  One serving (2 fajitas) equals:
369 calories
7g fat
45mg cholesterol
448mg sodium
42g carbohydrate
4g fiber
37g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment